Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Planning for Te Araroa

I am now well into the planning stages for my 5 month walk the length of New Zealand, along the 3,000 km Te Araroa trail and I have been really suprised just how much planning is needed. When I first came up with this project, I just thought, oh well, not much different to any other multi day tramp I've been on - just a bit longer, that's all. But no, each step takes a lot more work and planning.
Food prep is not a big concern for me, as food planning is what I really do best, so this has been really fun. Although re-supply in some of the more remote areas of the NI looks interesting and I am having to prepare food drops on some of the longer sections of the SI. I have now started buying food in bulk and breaking it down into meal size portions. It's going to make an interesting photo when it's all put together.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear its very nice blog and your post on blog is very informative I would like to visit on your blog again and again. It’s very effective and attractive your blog theme is according to your blog title. Vacuum Packing Machine manufacturers, Vacuum Packing Machine exporter India

    ReplyDelete