Sunday, September 18, 2011

Now past the 500 km mark, as I head south of Workworth

Back inland again, as I tramped over the forest covered hills south of Pakiri and down through the farmland valleys to Matakana and Workworth. Now past the 500 km mark, yeah !!!, since leaving Cape Reinga over 3 weeks ago. A great milestone behind me, now only 2,500 km to go. Stopped at a lovely little town of Puhoi, with historic church and pub. So I took a photo of the church and then visited to pub. Well, it was Sat afternoon and I had to go past the church to get to the pub. There is a photo of the inside of the pub, but that's on Facebook. Not a lot of accomodation options, but the local's were great and invited me to camp in the local reserve, if I could find some dry ground. So I set up camp in the day shelter. Nice and dry in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment